My Books!

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Captain and the Cheerleader



Hello, and welcome to Beyond the Book. I've been sharing excerpts from The Captain and the Cheerleader. I'm picking up where I left off last week. Robin Lanford who's a royal pain in the butt just bet Susan English that she couldn't get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach. Some of the other faculty members also got in on the bet. Kurt showed up and Susan asked about the football game later that night. Now, she and her friend Melissa are on the way home.

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

Excerpt:


Both of them snickered. Robin did toss her hair frequently.

“All I have to do is go out with him once, so maybe it won’t be too bad.” Susan kicked at a fallen acorn to relieve her feelings.

“I don’t get it,” Melissa said. “Why does it bother you to go out with him? He’s so sexy my knees get weak when he walks into a room.”

Susan giggled. “I know what you mean. It doesn’t bother me to go out with him, but it does bother me to use him just to put Robin in her place.”

Melissa thought about it. “He’ll never know, so why worry? If you have a good time you might want to go out with him for real, though. The man is drop dead gorgeous.”

“I’ve noticed.” Susan pulled out her cell phone to take a picture of an especially brilliant tree on the edge of the teacher parking lot. “I always notice six foot two, blond Vikings.”

“Good description. I’ll bet he gets all those muscles working out with the team.”

“Wherever he gets them they sure look good.” Susan extended her phone so Melissa could see the picture she’d taken. 

Buy link:
http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg  

No comments:

Post a Comment