My Books!

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday Sample: The Captain and the Cheerleader

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.


Last week we saw that Susan had gotten her date with Kurt. This is what happens next.

Excerpt:
As Susan hung up the phone, Samson head butted her to get her attention. He always seemed to understand when she wasn’t totally focused on him. “I hope we have fun tonight, kitty. Things have been a little stale since Tommy and I broke up.”

Samson stared holes through Susan, but the mean look on his face didn’t surprise her. “You liked Tommy, didn’t you, boy? He always had a treat for you, but that’s no excuse for looking daggers at me.

“I feel bad about Tommy too. He’s a great guy, but I don’t love him the way he loved me. I broke up with him because it wasn’t fair to let him hope for something that can never be. Still, I miss him too.”

She needed to move on with her life, and going out with Kurt Deveraux seemed like a good way to begin. Maybe this date had come at exactly the right time. 

Buy Link; http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment