My Books!

Friday, March 20, 2015

Saturday Sample


Today's sample comes from Rest Thy Head. The book's on sale for only .99 so it's a good time to get your copy. In this sample, my heroine has been accused of theft.


As luck would have it, Mrs. Haynes came down the stairs at just that moment. She saw Eleanor with Ashley and hurried over to them. “If I were you, ma’am, I wouldn’t stay at this inn, not until they get rid of this girl’s sister.” She indicated the gemstone brooch on her shoulder. “She stole my brooch and a string of pearls, and it was only by chance that I caught her.”

Tall and regal, Eleanor looked stout Mrs. Haynes up and down. “Oh, I doubt she took your brooch.”

“Yes, ma’am, she did! I caught her red-­handed!”

“That isn’t true,” Jake said as he came into the lobby from the kitchen and heard Mrs. Haynes spreading her poison.

“Oh, I don’t think it’s true either. My daughter wouldn’t be caught dead with such a vulgar piece of jewelry.” 

1 comment: